Book Now for Summer Wisdom Teeth Removal
Summer is an awesome time for vacations, relaxing, and backyard barbecues – but did you know that it’s also a great time to have your wisdom teeth removed? It’s true – summer is a great time for wisdom teeth removal because the more relaxed schedule allows for a full recovery and ample rest without missing school or juggling other activities.
Wisdom teeth are also known as third molars, and are located at the very back of the mouth. We recommend early evaluation of emerging wisdom teeth – ideally between ages 16 – 19 years of age, since recovery for high school and college age kids is significantly less than for adults. Also, wisdom teeth which are removed early have less developed roots and lead to fewer complications.
The evaluation consists of a simple x-ray to see the presence and alignment of wisdom teeth. Though it’s not exactly something they look forward to, we always tell kids that their parents love them because they are having wisdom teeth removed now and not leaving them to cause problems as an adult!
Common Reasons to Have Your Wisdom Teeth Removed
The most common factors leading to removal of wisdom teeth are impacted molars, teeth that emerge at an odd angle, or not enough room in the mouth for the third molars or wisdom teeth. Each situation can result in painful and possibly dangerous consequences, such as teeth trapped in the jawbone or pressing against your other teeth.
*Benefits of Wisdom Teeth Removal
There are many other advantages to early extraction of wisdom teeth, such as:
- Easier and faster recovery.
- Lower chance of related complications.
- Less chance of infection and inflammation that can spread to other teeth.
- Prevents painful crowding of other teeth due to lack of space.
- Easier and more effective oral hygiene. Due to their location, wisdom teeth can be tough to keep clean.
- Avoid cysts and/or tumors associated with impacted wisdom teeth, and the extensive procedures needed to remove them.
- Decreased chance of gum disease, inflammation, receding gum tissues, deterioration of the jawbone and tooth loss.
- Peace of mind and a healthy smile!!
We are here to answer all your questions, and will let you know what to expect before, during and after surgery. We do everything we can to make the patient as comfortable as possible! You do not need a referral for wisdom teeth removal. Call now to book your evaluation for summer wisdom teeth removal!
*Courtesy of American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery http://www.aaoms.org/images/uploads/pdfs/Ebook_Wisdom_Teeth_R.pdf