“’I’m really excited about getting my permanent teeth, but I will miss coming here! The staff has been so awesome.”
In December 2017, we named the lucky winner of our 2nd Annual New Smiles Contest. Jennifer was blown away! The prize was the dream of a lifetime for her – a new set of beautiful, functioning teeth!
Jennifer’s prize is also a journey. The All-on-Four® treatment with All on Friday® is a 6-step process offering full restoration of one or both dental arches. Jennifer’s final new smile will look and act just like a set of natural teeth and they will last forever.
About the New Smile Journey
Full arch restoration begins with a transformative surgery where the patient receives a full set (upper or lower arch) of temporary prosthetic teeth. These temporary teeth allow Jennifer to get used to soft chewing, smiling and talking normally again while her mouth heals for 4 – 6 months. The best part is, she can show off a beautiful new smile from day 1!
Last week, our winner achieved Step 4: Mounting and Temporary Evaluation. During this appointment, Jennifer talked with Dr. Naples about her teeth to determine what changes will be made to improve the look and feel of her “forever teeth”.
Quick Guide to All on 4 Steps:
- Step 1: Initial Records – Records are used to create prosthetic teeth which will be fitted to patient on their surgery day.
- Step 2: Surgery + Conversion – Surgery to place implants and convert patient’s prosthetic teeth. The patient leaves after surgery with a new smile!
- Step 3: Final Impressions – After the healing period, impressions are the first step in creating a patient’s final set of prosthetic teeth.
- Step 4: Mounting & Cosmetic Evaluation – one clinical step closer to final prosthetic teeth but at this appointment the patient also gets to share what they like best about their temporary teeth and what they would like to be improved.
- Step 5: Wax Try-In – patient gets to try a wax model of what their final teeth with look like, if there are no changes then the final prosthesis are approved to be processed by the lab.
- Step 6: Final Delivery – This is the big day when the patient is fitted with a final prosthetic. The patient leaves our office with the new smile they designed with the care and collaboration of their restorative dentist, Dr. Naples and his team, and Star Dental Lab.
New Smiles Contest – Winner Update
We caught up with Jennifer during her last appointment to see how the new smile journey was going.
You’ve had your temporary teeth for a few months now. How Have things been going?
It’s been an adjustment – a good adjustment! These temporary teeth are way better than what I had before, so it’s been a blessing.
What has been the biggest adjustment?
I’m used to it now, but I had to relearn to chew, talk, do motions and pronounce words with my mouth.
I’ve been gradually eating more and different foods again. I’m eating soft foods now like rice, beans, chicken, baked fish, and yogurt. The rule is, I can eat anything I can cut with a plastic knife and fork.
What’s been your favorite part of the experience so far?
Everybody’s reaction to my teeth and my smile! The response has been amazing. No one could believe these were only temporary teeth. Everyone loves my smile and they said Dr. Naples did such a good job.
Has anything changed for you since the surgery?
Now I smile more! I talk to people for a living, and I realized I had learned how to talk to hide the broken teeth. I wouldn’t talk if I didn’t have to and I wouldn’t smile as much. I had forgotten how to smile. Now I talk and smile more at work and it feels so good.
“I wanted to be able to eat, chew and talk right again. Those are things people take for granted.”
Were you nervous about starting this new smile journey?
No, I wasn’t! Maybe I should have been, but I was just so excited to have this done and to have been picked for this – I kept thinking it was a dream.
If anyone were to ask me what I wanted most in the world, it would be to get my teeth done! I wanted to be able to eat, chew and talk right. Those are things people take for granted. I feel completely blessed.
How did you hear about the New Smiles Contest?
My dentist, Dr. Priour referred me. I had been going to her forever for my teeth problems, so she knew I needed this treatment. She knew I needed implants but couldn’t afford them, so she told me about the contest. I was so honored that she thought of me!
About the New Smiles Contest
Dr. Naples and partners Star Dental Lab, Nobel Biocare and Dr. Paige Priour use All-on-4’s proven method to change lives through better dental implant treatment.
To help patients who need extensive dental restoration but cannot afford the treatment, we teamed up with world leaders in dental implant technology Nobel Biocare, longtime partners Star Dental Lab, and a local restorative dentist. Together we provided one lucky patient with a full dental arch restoration using the innovative All on 4 dental implant treatment – a $25,000 value – absolutely FREE!